Monday, April 16, 2012

Reading Reflection - Five

Book: The Pilot's Wife
Author: Anita Shreve
Pages Read: 107-130

As I get further into this book, it seems to get more and more depressing. The idea of Jack's death being suicide is still floating in the air and Mattie had to hear about the rumors through a friend rather than her mom. I'm honestly not too sure what will happen next. All I know is that someone is going to lose it soon (and yes, by that I mean have a mental breakdown). I may be wrong, but I'm going to stick with it until the book proves otherwise.
Looking past the depressing pieces, I'm really enjoying this book. It's something different from the other books I've read by choice and although I was little hesitant at first, I've been pleasantly surprised.
Moving on from the topic of suicide, I'm going to go ahead and say that I have a weird feeling that something might happen between Kathryn and Robert (the man who has basically been protecting her from the press and who had shared the horrible news with her). I know that being there is his job and that he's done it many times, but I do think (and hope) that something's different this time around. I may be completely off, but you never know!
As for the process of reading, I don't find myself reading at home. It's not necessarily that I don't want to read at home, it's just that I don't have too much time. I have a job, a film class I attend every Wednesday, and of course on top of that there's homework. When I do have free time, I'd honestly much rather use it to hang out with my friends than read a book. In the summer I read at home because I don't have homework to worry about, but throughout the school year, I leave my reading for class.

To sum things up in a sentence, the book seems to being going down an interesting path and I'm curious to see how the next few chapters play out.

No comments:

Post a Comment