Friday, May 11, 2012

Personal Addition 10 - "Words of Wisdom"

The other night, my brother, his friend and myself had a bonfire in our backyard. The sky was full of stars and it had to have been one of the most beautiful night skies that I've seen in a long time. It looked as though the sky was sparkling.
It was getting late. My brother was laying in the grass, I was sitting in the chair (almost asleep) and his friend took up the small sofa. It was one of those moments where you take a moment to really appreciate life and the universe. It's an amazing thing really (our world that we live on).
That's when my brother said this..
"With everything up there that you can see.. The stars.. The planets.. and yet the earth is all we have to live on and we can barely even live on that. It just reminds you how insignificant we all are."
This really made me to stop and think for a second, and I realized how true that was. There are so many things in the sky above us.. around us.. a whole universe. We may never realize how large it actually is out there and how small we really are in comparison.
For our small size, we sure know how to take advantage of a beautiful planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment