Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Buried Life - Author's Note

The circle of life. Pretty amazing, isn't it? We come into this world knowing nothing and as we grow old we think we know everything. Then, as we leave this world, we "make room for another human being."
So often we say that we have our entire life ahead of us. When you think about it, we really don't have that much time on this planet. I feel that our time really is limited and we can't just allow each day to wash out of our hands without leaving behind some sort of mark.
With that said, I have a question for you. How will you leave your mark? I don't have an exact answer to this question yet, so don't feel as though you need to have one too. Let the question linger. Allow it to occupy the back of your mind; allow it to become part of your subconscious.
But where to begin? We have this long journey ahead of us that we've been told about as children. We've been told that it will be hard, tiring and emotional, yet exciting and gratifying.
We know (for the most part) where we hope our destination is, but where or when is our departure? This is what has stumped me the most and it's here where these three words are brought up, "I'll start tomorrow."
That doesn't cut it anymore. When will you start? When will I start? Now.
To push myself to start my journey, I've made a bucket list of all the things I want to do before I die. From holding a koala to performing in front of a huge audience, I'm ready to stop simply living and start experiencing. I want to be able to share stories and feel a sense of accomplishment. Sure, it may be just a list but in reality it's so much more. It's a list that acts as a reminder to follow through with your dreams; to get off of your sofa and be able to say that you did it. I want to feel that and I will stop at nothing. I may never check off everything from my list but the things that I have checked off and will check off will become a part of who I am.
I can't tell you how my life will play out in the future when I don't even know yet. That's why I'm hoping that this list will push me to travel the world, face my fears, expect the unexpected, live in the moment and accomplish as much of it as I can. If that's what it takes, then bring it on. I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment