Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Personal Addition 9 - Go For It

I know six word memoirs weren't everyone's favourite thing but for some reason they're what I find myself revisiting out of all the things we have tried this semester.
I always find that it's when you're by yourself, listening to music, that the best thinking takes place. You get to zone everything out and not only focus on the big picture but also on the fine details.
You're probably wondering how this has anything to do with six word memoirs.
Well, when I was giving myself time to think, I gave myself some advice.. It was a simple sentence composed of six words..
Sometimes, breathing is just not enough.
Now, this can mean something different to everyone. For me, it means that if I want something I have to go for it. I can't just expect for things to come my way without putting any effort into it. I won't get anywhere with anything if I just sit around waiting for something to happen. I need to get up and make it happen. I feel as though this is something that I need to live by and really commit to. As the six word memoir says, sometimes breathing really isn't enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment