Friday, June 15, 2012

Reading Reflection/Tweet - Nine

Book: The Hunger Games
Author: Suzanne Collins
Pages Read: 83-117

Tweet: "Reading The Hunger Games (pg. 117) is making me wish that I read it before I saw the movie "


"I wonder if she'll enjoy watching me die."

Throughout this chapter you see Peeta's jealous side. While reading Katniss and Peeta start to raise their voice at one another while talking about what they're capable of, you could almost feel the tension.
I thought it was interesting that Peeta told Katniss that his mom said that District 12 was finally going to have a winner.. and the she meant Katniss, not Peeta.
The first thing that came to my mind was that maybe he's lying. Katniss has mentioned how he seems to be a good lier so I wouldn't be surprised if he was lying about this. It could be a way to make Katniss feel sorry for him and weaken her. If that is what his intentions were, then I have to admit, that's pretty clever.
I'm curious to see how well Katniss and Peeta will get along during the games. At this moment, I'm wondering if Peeta will play the sweet card until the games start, and when they begin turn his back again Katniss.
On the other hand, maybe Peeta really is feeling like he doesn't stand a chance next to Katniss. She is very skilled using a bow and arrow and probably has a really good chance at getting herself to the end and winning.

As I'm getting farther into the book I'm starting to wish that I hadn't seen the movie before I read it. I'm enjoying the book and it's disappointing when you lose the ability to be surprised while reading. It also takes away that element of trying to figure out what will happen next.
Nonetheless, I'm excited to read about the game itself and experience it in the book rather than in the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment